About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Product Team alongside other Product Managers and Product Designers. You'll be working in cross-functional teams to build out new features and products on our platform. This is a position where you can work out of one of our hubs in Norway (Stavanger, Bodø, Lyngdal) or in Estonia (Tallinn), or 100% remote if that suits you better.
- Discover new opportunities by capturing ideas from a wide range of inputs including customer
feedback, internal ideas, and your own ideas.
- Disprove hypothesis to make sure we only invest in the opportunities that actually bring value to our customer.
- Data-driven decisions and prioritizations.
- Manage the roadmap by prioritization and company strategies.
- Manage the roadmap by capturing ideas from a wide range of inputs including customer feedback, internal strategic initiatives, and your own ideas.
- Balance time horizons; how can we create value for our customers here and now, while also exploring and developing hypothesis around what's "coming around the next corner".
- Take an active role in iterating and improving on our internal product process, just like we do with the products themselves.
We're looking for someone who
- Strong ability to altitude-shift: going into nitty gritty details of product improvements, while also zooming out to work on longer range hypothesis that will drive future product initiatives
- Balance analytical and creative thinking
- Entrepreneurial: you don't need direction, you're self driven
- Clearly communicate product decisions and "the why". Comfortable making decisions without consensus
- Have previous experience as a Product Manager, preferably within the Software as a Service space
- Have experience using best practice tools, frameworks and systems to work with product management and development in a scaleable manner
- Strong empathy for customers
- Takes radical ownership of projects and stays accountable
You're looking for
- A place where you can make a real impact and contribution to the product, culture and overall trajectory of the company
- Freedom to explore and while staying accountable
- Want to work with a talented and ambitious group of people
- A place where you can spend a lot of time inside your zone of genius while also being challenged to expand it over time
We might not be a fit if
- You prefer to fly under the radar
- You don't like writing
- Prefer only collaborating and leading in-person
- Are looking for a place where you'll be handed a handbook at day one with all the solutions and answers already mapped out.
Minimum 3 years of experience as a software Product Manager, preferably in the Software as a Service space
Fluent in written and spoken English. Bonus if you also speak one of the Scandi languages, but not a requirement
Provably moved products and metrics in a meaningful way in previous positions
Bonus if you have previous experience from managing payments related products
About the Company
We're on a mission to power great experiences, and we're doing it by creating the worlds leading platform for entertainment venues to plan, create and sell ticketed experiences to their audience. Currently, around 200 venues and cinemas in Norway use the DX platform to manage their sales and daily operations. We're looking to expand into multiple new markets in the coming years. We're a 28 person strong team, some working out of our offices in Bodø, Stavanger, and Lyngdal, Norway. Others work remotely from places like Oslo and Tallinn (Estonia). We operate as a distributed team, which means a lot of written communication, and you need to be comfortable with that. We aim to achieve ambitious goals, but maintaining a healthy work-life balance acts as a vital counterweight.
This position can work either from one of our current offices/hubs or be remotely.